Simple Alfredo Sauce on Pasta w/ Lemon Baked Cod


I had not made this simple Alfredo sauce before. It was outstanding. My friends, you will love this as it is fast, easy, and delicious. I wish I could remember the author of this method but it was one of the many quick videos I scroll through on my facebook news feed, and I have lost the thread since.

I used Gluten free spaghetti again. I had loads of shredded Parmesan in the freezer from a sale earlier this year. The regular price for a block was $35.00 on sale for less than half. I grated it all and now it resides in my freezer.


On this particular day, I was defrosting a filet of Cod and knew I would bake it in cream and lemon as always. It is a new favorite of mine. I thought I wanted to try the parmesan in the sauce, so I dug out some pasta. Here is the sauce recipe:

Alfredo sauce:

A small amount of butter in pan 2-4 tablespoonfuls or so. Into the pan.

Add 2 cloves Garlic sliced, more if you like garlic, into the butter to toast

Add Whipping cream enough to cover the bottom of the small fry pan, I use my  8" pan.

1 C shredded Parmesan melted into cream after the cream bubbles. 

Add the pasta. Delicious.

I can see how this sauce could become a regular in anyone's home, with a salad. Maybe a few shrimp and there you have it. Don't buy jarred sauces, make this instead. It is better for you and the knowledge will always be there.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts