Cod in Tomato Cream Sauce on Parsley Pasta


There it was in the fridge defrosting. My favorite fish, Cod. What was I going to make it today? I had some leftover tomato sauce from making pizza the day before, so I decided to make a basic flour roux and add the tomato sauce and some cream. This is the result.

My daughter loves pasta, so I asked her to taste the sauce and she liked it. I, therefore, could give her pasta for lunch with the cream sauce, while I had the fish in mine.

The plate below is mine:


Cream Sauce:

2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup tomato sauce - or more if you prefer
1/2 cup cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

In a pan, melt butter till bubbling. Add flour and stir till combined. Add the tomato sauce and cream. Cook till thick. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I baked the Cod filet in the sauce in the oven at 375* for 15 minutes.

It is a simple recipe but delicious.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts