Burgers Lentils and Onion Rice - Loose Weight the Right Way


Sometimes it's just not pretty. Baked Hamburgers, bleh! I made spicy baked meatballs for my Sunday family dinner with spiced onion rice and vinegar salsa. My family loves this lentil meal. In their case, the rice fills the plate and the Dahl covers all the rice with a few meatballs on top and salsa on the side. It is very tasty, but I can't eat the heat. I also have to watch carbs late in the day so I seldom eat rice these days.

I had to make my meat separately and I just baked it along side theirs. The rice is a lovely onion brown rice. I will write up my recipe below.

Now I want you to know that the meals I am telling you about that I make for myself, that I show you pictures of have contributed to my losing quite a bit of weight and I am still losing. So you could watch what I eat and follow my examples for lighter meal options for yourself. Remember I am diabetic so I am veering towards low sugar impact after eating. This meal had 1/2 cup cooked rice and these two paddies with a small amount of lentil sauce. The result was no spike in sugars, and I am still reducing as of this morning. Trust me, I am sure. I had a cup of popcorn the other day and BAM next day I was up by one pound and the sugar numbers were not as good as usual.

I also made some berry cups with whipped cream at the last minute, which everyone loved. I had a small amount of whipped cream with only blueberries, just to get that satisfaction factor:



Brown Onion Rice:

Makes ample for 4 people.

2 cups of basmati rice rinsed in water
1-2 medium onions chopped small
Butter or oil for frying the onion
2 small sticks cinnamon
4-5 cloves
3 Cardamom whole
Salt to taste
Water or broth ( I use broth and water ) to cover the rice.

Place oil and or butter or both in a pan and fry the onions till golden. Add the spices half way through. Add salt. Add the washed rice and fry in the onion mixture for a few minutes. You will smell when it is incorporated. A delicious aroma will perfume the air. Add the rice mixture to the pot you are cooking it in and add the water - broth to cover ( one knuckle over the rice ) and cook as you would normally do. I microwave mine.

I hope you try it it is delicious rice.

~ Hugs from Mum


Comments

Popular Posts