Granola - Because Yogurt Needs A Friend & Kids Need A Healthy Snack



This is the finished Granola. I love this one. I used the recipe from America's test kitchen. It is the bee's knees. It breaks in chunks after being browned in the oven, so like high-end Granola. I highly recommend you try this.


5 cups old fashion oats
2 cups whole almonds chopped chunky

Add last:

2 cups raisins
Dried fruit as you like (I like adding shredded coconut, dates chopped up, and cranberries)

Sweet Mix:

1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add the syrup, oil, vanilla, sugar, and salt and stir well.

In a bowl, add the almonds and oats and mix well. Stir in the sweet mix and make sure to coat it all well. Place the mix on a baking pan covered with parchment paper and flatten using a potato masher or as I did, a meat mallet. Place in a 325-degree oven for 45 minutes. Don't stir it let it brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for one hour before touching. Break into pieces, it will flake in large chunks.
Add to a bowl and mix additional ingredients.


I hope you try it.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts