BBQ Tandoori Chicken Strips w/ Sweet Potato Fries


Red chicken or Tandoori chicken is a staple in our house. My beloveds enjoy this chicken hot from the barbecue. I don't mind cooking it because it is very easy to make as long as you can marinade the chicken for at least a few hours prior. I use a tandoori mix from a Sham Masala box for convenience and nowadays these spice mixes are at most supermarkets.

This meal I started with the marinade the morning of the day I was barbecuing. I added the tandoori powder to a bowl filled with plain yogurt and garlic ginger paste and some lemon juice. I left this mixture in the fridge for the day.

In the evening I wiped the chicken pieces of most of the yogurt before I cooked them. I find the yogurt burns otherwise.

I had some Tofu so I also grilled that.


Ingredients:

2-3 chicken breasts halved
2-4 tablespoons tandoori masala
1-2 cups plain yogurt
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
1-2 teaspoons garlic ginger paste
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Make the marinade by adding the yogurt to a bowl. Add the spices. Submerge the chicken and leave in the fridge for the day, or as many hours as possible.

Remove the chicken and wipe most of the yogurt off, it will burn when grilled. Discard the marinade.

Grill the chicken, turning as required. The internal temperature should be 165*. Squeeze some lemon juice over the chicken.

I hope you enjoy.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts