Sweet Dinner Rolls


Who does not love a warm dinner roll?

I use this recipe and make them whatever size I need. The secret to getting the right size is to weigh the dough after the first rise and then weigh each roll to make the number you want. I wanted 10 rolls today. I was making burgers so I needed them a little larger. This size is also perfect for a nice sandwich the next day, or in my case toasted with cream cheese and chives.


Here is the recipe I use:

1 C warm milk ( 110*)
1 tablespoon dry yeast
3-4 tablespoons sugar - I like sweet rolls, you can use less
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 tablespoons butter
1 large egg
3 C AP flour
1 tablespoon melted butter for on top before and after baking

Instructions:

In a bowl or stand mixer, combine milk and yeast and sugar. Let the yeast proof.

Add the salt, egg, butter. Then slowly add the flour one scoop at a time. You need the flour to be added slowly so you can monitor when it pulls from the sides of the bowl. Some days you will need more some a little less. The dough should be soft but not sticky.

Remove the dough and work it by hand for a few minutes. Then make it into a ball and add it back to a greased bowl. Add a little oil to the ball with your hands before you put it in the bowl.

Let it rise for 1 1/2 hours until it doubles.

Remove from the bowl and weigh it. Divide into a number of rolls you desire based on weight. Place on the parchment-lined pan and let rise again until doubled, approximately 1 hour.

Butter the tops and place in the oven at 375* for 14 minutes or until brown on top.

This recipe can be doubled. I do not usually do that but you can.

This evening I made burgers with them, as shown below:


I hope you enjoy!

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts