Eggs w/ Rosti Potatoes & Goat Cheese


Eggs are a favorite of mine. I have them at least 3 times a week. I think if I could, I would have them every day.

When I go shopping, I buy flats of eggs which take me about two weeks to use up. I love them. If I can, I get them from Shalom Engedi Farm. But when I can't, I still load the refrigerator full. Today, for instance, I am considering making brioche bread and that required 6 eggs. They diminish fast in this house, as you can imagine.

This week I made a nice omelet with some goat cheese. As you can see, it was amazing and delicious. Why not have a breakfast like this for dinner? No reason, right?


For this meal, I made Rosti potatoes. They are simply grated potatoes and onions fried in a pan to delectable crispiness. They came about on my plate because I added half a grated potato to a chicken soup I was making and had half a grated potato left, so into the pan they went. I bought the goat cheese this week in preparation to make Russian buns and whatever else I can manage to try with it. I am slightly lactose intolerant so goat's cheese is perfect because I do not react to it.


Eggs love avocado too, so why not try a protein power breakfast and combine them? No reason again, I say.

Eggs are a perfect canvas, use them and feed your family and yourself good food.

~ Hugs from Mum


Comments

  1. Greetings from the UK. Good luck to you and your endeavours. I like eggs.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts