Danish Crepes - A Simple Method, A Wonderful Meal - Quarantine 2020

Crepes are a Danish staple. My family had them when I was young and even today I make them occasionally. They are very simple to make and are extremely filling. They freeze well too, just remember to put parchment between each of them. They are excellent for those with sensitive stomachs because they are simple food. Crepes are basically flour, eggs, water, milk, and some sugar and salt. 

If you have a good mixer or blender, they are even easier to make. I remember my father making them by hand which is far more labor-intensive. I mention it because you need to know you don't need any device to make them, you just need a bowl and a wisk. 

Ingredients:

2 cups flour

1 cup milk

1 1/2 cup of water

3 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

Salt and sugar to taste

Butter for frying

Method:

I just add everything and blend, but it does cause some clumping on the sides of the blender. I could have just added the liquid and the eggs and then add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and the issue would be mute. Add the salt, sugar, and vanilla before the flour. Blend until smooth. It may seem like a thin liquid but it will fry up beautifully. 

Choose a frying pan the size of the crepe you wish to make. I make them small. I found this amount of product made 13 small crepes. I use about a teaspoon of butter per pancake to coat the surface of the frying pan, then pour enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan. 

In this photo, you can see the system--like an assembly line. Also, you can see the size of the pan. 

The crepes can be made savory by not adding sugar to the batter. 

These are great as a desert filled with fruit and whipping cream or savory like a seafood crepe wrapped in a nice white sauce. 

I hope you enjoy them! They can be a wonderful addition to your kitchen recipes. 

~ Cookin Mum ~

Comments

Popular Posts