Spinach Omelette, Red Peppers, Pineapple and Avocado - A Perfect Lunch


I make many meals with eggs. Today I used up a lot of snippets of vegetable leftover in the fridge. I was cutting up a pineapple for the BBQ tonight and decided to add a few little cubes to my lunch,  then I saw the avocado. This particular omelet was more of a spicy omelet. I added some cumin and coriander powder with a little garlic ginger paste and some fried onions. I first put some olive oil in a pan and fried the spinach and then added the spices and garlic ginger and the fried onions. Then I added the eggs (3) and cooked the omelet. It was fluffy and sumptuous.

I ended up so full that I did not eat dinner. That happens a lot. I eat a large lunch and then I just have a salad for dinner. Part of the reason is that I need to leave the simple carbs out of my dinner, well actually I try to leave carbs out of my diet after 3 pm, so except for vegetables and protein my dinner is not that exciting most days. The good part of this regiment is that I am losing quite a few pounds. In case you have not been following older posts, I am a type two diabetic. I have had to make some pretty severe food changes recently to help lower my sugar numbers. Diabetes is a slow disease it changes, slowly, and you have to be vigilant and aware when changes come and make the appropriate changes.

I hope you are all well and happy. If you ever have questions feel free to contact me.

Comments

Popular Posts