Homemade Garlic-Onion Hamburger Buns & Sourdough Bread


Tonight I am making hamburgers. I like to make the buns whenever possible because they just taste better than store bought, and I know what is in them. I wanted to try sourdough buns but I had played around with the fermenting period of the starter dough and I was not sure it would rise in time so I made another batch of garlic and onion flavored dough and made regular bread from the sourdough dough. It turns out it did rise in time, so once again I have made too much food.

The recipe is based on the one I made from Noreen of Noreen's kitchen:

3 1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon yeast
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1 egg
2 tablespoons soft butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder

350* for 18 minutes. Proof the yeast in the water with the sugar. Add all the dry ingredients together and mix in the wet till combined. I use my KitchenAid. Let rise for 90 minutes. Make 3 ounce balls and let rise till doubled. Bake after covering with an egg wash.


I will see how the sourdough bread turns out before I decide to share the recipe.




Comments

Popular Posts