Homemade Amish Sweet Rolls - From Scratch



I follow Lynds's Pantry. These rolls are from a video she made a short time ago:

Amish Sweet Rolls

4 cups warm water - 110 degrees
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons yeast
1/2 cup oil
10-12 cups flour
3 teaspoons salt

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.

Add the sugar and the water together with all the yeast, let it bloom. Combine the flour and oil and all the liquid. I did it all by hand in a bowl. There is no need for a mixer if you do not have one. I also halved the recipe and it made 11 big buns.I made a video on youtube you can watch. Once combined, place in oven with the oven light on for 1 1/2 hour to double. Then remove from the oven and knead once more, divide into loaves or buns. I highly recommend weighing the dough so you get equal sizes of bread.

Here is a link to the video I made for these delicious rolls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ErkLCggGGo

Comments

Popular Posts