Its All About The Baking Pan - Christmas Vanilla Cake - Quarantine 2020

What a stressful year. I know we will all remember this one for decades. I really learned that it may be better to do a few things now that I reserved for, you know, "perhaps later." Well, this week "perhaps later" was put aside and I invested in a Nordic Bundt Pan. Hubby wondered if the cabin fever finally got to me. However, it is sometimes just as important to know how to invest in happiness-supplies as it is to save money for essentials. 

Things started rolling when I was watching a Christmas episode of Nigella Lawson on YouTube and saw this pan and cake. I became overwhelmed with nostalgia and knew this was a good thing to have for this Christmas and to make several cakes for friends and neighbors. The cake is delicious and festive and pretty. The pan is amazing. 

The bundt pan is heavy and well made, but wow does it work, and it releases the cake easily if well oiled. I will make many future cakes in here, especially Christmas spice cake and perhaps pound cake. It also tickles me pink that this cake tin will follow my daughter and her children in the future. I love old things that remind me of my grandmother and mother, I love baking in them or using them in the kitchen. I hope my baby feels the same one day. 

I am thinking of getting some eatable decorations for the season and adding them to the final cake. It is going to be fun. 

Here is the link to the recipe used:

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/spruced-up-vanilla-cake

I found Nigella's cake to be a little too moist and pudding-like. I did not like the texture and I plan to try some variations. 

Stay safe, stay home, help where you can.

~ Cookin Mum ~

Comments

Popular Posts