Pizza Using 00 Flour - Does It really Make A Difference?



I was at the market and noticed a new imported Italian flour. I have always wondered if 00 flour actually made a better pasta and pizza. My chef instructor said it made no difference at all and not to waste my money. Well, I am here to report, it does make a huge difference. I made Pizza yesterday and was overjoyed with the softness and stretch in the dough. It was so much easier to control and roll into shape. Therefore if you can find it, I highly recommend it. I made this in a food processor just as I have in the past.


Pizza dough recipe (this makes a full-size sheet pan sized pizza):

2 teaspoons dry active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/3 cups warm water
3 1/3 cups flour - 2 cups 00 and 1 1/3 cup regular flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cornmeal for the pizza pan

Stir yeast into water and sugar. Let bubble. Place the flour and salt in the processor. Blitz to combine. Then add the yeast mixture to processor. Blitz. Then add the oil and blitz to combine. Put the dough on your counter and roll out. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, perhaps longer. I rotate the pizza halfway through the cooking so both sides crisp up.


This was an "If I had a restaurant, I'd serve this" worthy Pizza. I was hard-pressed to stop eating it. Next up I will test this flour and make fresh pasta.

~ Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts