Slow Cooker Mulled Wine

It is the season for this warm and happy libation. I started making it a few years ago and now my Mother-in-law requests it every Christmas. This year I am making it in my slow cooker. I will make it twice this season I think because once is not enough.


I use cranberry juice as the carrier because I like the tart taste mixed with the sweet. I think it would be fine without but just to adjust the potency a little I will add it.



Ingredients:

1 bottle red wine
1/2 cup brandy, if you are so inclined
1 cup cranberry juice
1/2 cup sugar, or honey
1 large cinnamon stick
2 cardamom pods
2-star anise
1-2 cloves
3-4 small tangerines washed thoroughly - one sliced as a garnish, the rest squeeze the juice out to be added ( I throw the deflated husks in as well )
Ginger root slice a few disks after you peel it
1 cup cranberries

Method:

Please remember that you can increase or decrease these amounts to suit your taste, mulled wine is very forgiving. Now for how: add the ingredients to the slow cooker and turn on low. Hard, right? Well, remember it will disappear so be ready for a second bottle and do it again :) Especially when you have company for the festive season and they are there for a few hours. This also makes the house smell divine.

I hope you enjoy.


~Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts