Overnight Panettone French Toast Casserole


Christmas always brings Panettone to the market. My daughter loves the one with dried fruit so every year I buy one. We eat it plain and as french toast. It is a giant loaf of bread so we have trouble finishing it. This year I decided to make an overnight Christmas morning french toast casserole with it.


I buy a standard round loaf, it looks like a grain silo. I looked at it and decided if I sliced it into three rounds it would fit my small round casserole dish, and it did.


As you can see after baking for an hour it was a puffed up dish of loveliness.

Ingredients:

3-4 round slices of panettone bread, as you see they fit perfectly
4 eggs beaten with
1 cup milk

Method:

Place the slices in the casserole and pour the milk-egg mixture over the slices. It should be submerged slightly. I added a lid inverted to help press the bread down. Place in the refrigerator overnight.

In the morning, bake in a 350* oven for 50-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle a little cinnamon on top.

To serve, scoop out and add honey, icing sugar, and some fruit.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts