Hot Chocolate Biscotti - A Great Christmas Cookie Gift!

That's what my sweet daughter named these crunchie delights yesterday when we tasted them. It has been at least a year since they last appeared in my kitchen.


It was 7 years ago when I was watching Chef Michael Smith on the Food Network make Biscotti. I grabbed my notepad and wrote down the recipe as best I could. Since then I have adapted it somewhat. Hot Chocolate Biscotti is now one of my daughter's and my favorite biscotti.

Being a twice-baked cookie, it is wonderful to handle after baking. It's hard and crunchie. Therefore it can take the beating of stacking, packing, and delivery--a perfect dipping cookie.



Ingredients:

Yield: 20 (depending on how thick you slice them)

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 whole eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips  - we like milk chocolate chips

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350*. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat till combined. Add the vanilla and combine. Wisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add to the mixer. Beat well and then add the chocolate chips. Beat carefully till combined.

Shape the dough with hands slightly floured into two logs, 12-3 inches wide. Place them on a baking pan with parchment paper and flatten slightly. Bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool until you can handle them, then cut the logs sections into 1/2 inch slices diagonally or straight. Bake again for 10 minutes. If they are still a little soft in the middle lay them on their side and bake 2-3 minutes more.

I hope you enjoy these. They are economical little cookies to make and they make great gifts for Christmas for teachers, friends, and neighbors.

~Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts