Why Make Caramel If You Can Make Pear Caramel?



The idea of caramel makes me very happy. I have been avoiding learning how to make it because candy making means working with lava levels of heat. I am a little afraid of that hand of the "surface of the sun" heat. I feel the same about deep frying. Perhaps because my mother never did it or any of my matriarchs. That is part of the reason I went to Culinary school, I needed to learn things I wanted to know without the risks of getting blown up.

I saw a recipe on Food in Jars website for Pear Caramel and became very intrigued. It turns out that you can make Peach Caramel the same way. I will be trying that next. I used the recipe from Mrs. Wages, however for this attempt it was simpler.

https://www.mrswages.com/recipe/sweet-pear-caramel/

In the picture above. I added it to a warm-from-the-oven walnut zucchini bread slice topped with whipping cream The pear caramel was still warm so it melted the cream. It was wonderful. After it was cooled in the fridge overnight, it thickened nicely.


I must tell you that so far what I said in school still stands. "It's all in the sauce" because a cake with caramel sauce is amazing, a cake with a caramel fruit sauce is fantastic, and not the usual fare.

~Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts