Easy Focaccia - In The Foodprocessor


My beloved daughter asked me to make Focaccia for her, and what baby wants baby gets.

I am an appliance nerd. If it saves time and makes me more efficient, I'm all for it. I have a Cuisinart 14 cup food processor. It took a long time to save for it but it is worth every penny. I did not acquire this little jewel until my late 50's and can I say "get the best the first time."

I am a huge proponent of Americas Test Kitchens' recommendations. They have never steered me wrong. Therefore if you are investing in a kitchen tool, go check out their research. Why reinvent the wheel, as they say.

I made this dough in my food processor. It could not be easier. I also make my pizza dough and pasta dough in it.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup warm water, add 1 packet yeast ( 2 1/4 teaspoons ) - proof 10 minutes
1 C cold water in a two cup measuring cup ( so you can add the yeast mixture after when you pour )
1 teaspoon fresh or dried herbs - sundried tomatoes, olives optional

In processor:

4 C sifted flour
3 tablespoons olive oil into flour ( you will need 7 eventually )
2 teaspoons salt into bowl as well

Process the mixture for 10 seconds. Now add the yeast and the cold water together, and pour slowly into the food processor while it is on. Let it run until it comes together in a ball, it will not take long. Add a little more olive oil in the tube to help the dough at the end let go of the sides.

Carefully remove the dough. Watch out for the blade, please! Then knead it for a few moments. Before putting it in a lightly oiled bowl to proof, put some oil on your hands and grease the ball of dough. Let rise in a warm place covered till doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.

When risen, deflate the dough and place in a 15-10 inch pan or a 14 inch round pan. I used parchment paper on the bottom of mine. I rolled the dough out on it to make it easier to manipulate and once baked easier to remove. Let rise for an hour.


Once it has risen again, dimple the dough and drizzle with olive oil. Drizzle with salt and herbs.

Place in oven at 450* for 25 minutes. I think 20 minutes would have been better. My oven can be hot, so next time 5 minutes less for me.

.
Now all that remains is to make a nice dipping oil. I made mine with a sweet balsamic vinegar and some Italian dried herbs.


 Enjoy!

~Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts