Yummy Broccoli Salad ~ Always Surprising!


I really like this broccoli salad. I first saw it on Katz Cradle on YouTube. I make it once in a while for myself, and when he was alive also for my father in law because he loved it. This lady does not put much on YouTube anymore, but I love her chicken and dumpling recipe as well. I make that on a regular basis.

I made this salad without the bacon only because I did not have any. I hope you enjoy it!

BROCCOLI BACON SALAD - As Published by Katz

3 stalks of broccoli
3 small carrots
3 tablespoons purple onion, diced 
4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1/4 cup raisins
Roasted sunflower seeds 

DRESSING

2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Wash broccoli and drain well. Dice into small pieces. Grate carrot and add to broccoli. Add diced onion, crumbled bacon, and raisins. Mix ingredients for dressing and pour over salad. Toss to combine. Place in airtight container in the fridge for at least 4 hours allow flavors to develop. Serve with toasted sunflower seeds as garnish. Store leftovers in fridge. Enjoy!

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts