Chocolate Zucchini Bread - Where Have You Been All My Life?


I have not made chocolate zucchini bread before. I was amazed at how delicious it is. It took my daughter and I a few tries ( 6 loaves ) to find the best adaptation on our basic zucchini bread. I freeze zucchini bread loaves and we enjoy it all winter. The last batch we made was very "cake" like and it is the one I will share with you.

Yield: 2 loaf pans

Ingredients: Chocolate Zucchini Bread

4 cups shredded zucchini ( I prefer if you take the skin off if you do not grow it yourself )
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2  1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips - I have used semi-sweet and milk chocolate

350* for 50-65 minutes

Heat oven at 350* and grease 2 loaf pans. Drain the shredded zucchini, and if possible squeeze more liquid out if you can. Use a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth. I find the drier it is, the more cake like consistency it gets. I just twist it once in a towel. Now mix in the zucchini with the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a bowl. Mix all your dry ingredients together in another bowl. Add a little flour to the chocolate chips in a separate little bowl, they will get added last so they float better in the batter. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet, you don't need a machine, in fact, it might get the batter a little tough, so stir slowly or you will cause more gluten and a tougher loaf, just get it all incorporated and wet. Stir up from the bottom so no big dry patches are there. Then add the chips. Pour into pans. Bake for 50-65 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean. Here is mine going into the oven:


I hope you enjoy this version, I know we do.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts