Smash Burgers - Wow, Where Has This Been Hiding Out?


I was cruising the internet while on the treadmill when I came across this fascinating tutorial on YouTube about smash burgers. I am a foodie and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Well, let me tell you! I made some and hubby went crazy. He has always loved Wendy's burgers and he said this was as close as anything he had ever tasted and to top that, he said please don't change anything about how you made this burger because I will be happy to only have this version the rest of my life. Who knew? As always simple is best.

The premise is that you smash the hamburger meat flat once on the heat and do not manipulate the beef prior except to make a portion and ready it for the fry on a flat top, in our case ( home cooks ) the frying pan or on the BBQ on a flat pan. You add salt to the top after the flat paddies, once on the grill. You leave the burger for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on the first side to caramelize and get almost burnt. Then turn it over with a swift move of the spatula.

The result is a delicious uncomplicated beef pattie fried and ready to dress with your favorite condiments. Apparently, mayonnaise is a must and so is American Cheese. I was happy to comply.

Hope you try it!

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts