Noreen's Old Fashioned Coconut Macaroons - Quarantine 2020

 

The year none of us will forget is 2020. I hope to see next year healthy and with hope as we all wait for the vaccine to help stem the tide. 

To stay centered and calm I watch FoodTube. It keeps me somewhat away from the rest of the media around me. 

I was watching Noreen's Kitchen and she made this macaroon recipe, I cut it in half and it turned out amazing. It is simple, easy, and fast. 

Ingredients (full recipe):

6 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup flour
1-2 teaspoon salt
5 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Method:


Preheat oven to 325*


Combine coconut, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Beat egg whites till frothy. Add vanilla and almond. If too dry add a few teaspoons of water. Scoop with cookie scoop, place on a parchment-covered sheet pan. Bake 20-25 minutes.


Cool at least 10 minutes before moving. To make things more interesting, you can dip the cookies in chocolate or add a cherry on top while still warm.


I hope your holidays are full of joy and happiness. Stay home, stay safe, and help where you can.


~ Cookin Mum ~

Comments

Popular Posts