Making, Bottling, & Enjoying Wine

In Culinary College we studied Wine and Beer. It was a favorite field of study. Cooking with and drinking is, after all, a time-honored tradition. Oh yeah...

I spent a lot of time trying to find wines after the fact that I liked, and a trip to the liquor store here was a terrible maze of unknown bottles. I like a sweeter wine. I like white wine. I like red wine and I like a rose. It was getting expensive. A lesser local brand generally runs $12.00-14.00.

Then I came upon Winexpert. It is a local wine-making establishment. I ordered a rose and waited the 6 weeks it took to ferment. I felt that it was worth the speculation to find a thrifty alternative. At approximately $5.00 - 8.00 a bottle, it is very economical.

Not to negate the huge advantage of being able to use the knowledge of their expert staff, whom I adored and found extremely helpful.

We returned 6 weeks later and were given the tools, knowledge, and support necessary to bottle the precious nectar, and I was off to the races deciding what other delicious brew I would order next. As the video shows, I now harbor a collection of red, white and rose:



~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts