Buying a Pressure Cooker: Which One is Best for You?



My friends, this is my review video on the various pressure cookers and a pressure canner I have in my kitchen and the likes and dislikes about each.

I have been cooking for 50 years but pressure cooking is a fairly new cooking art for me. I used stove top pressure cookers for the last 20 years. I really did not like them for much except making broth.

Pressure canning is something I started in 2014 when I wanted to learn to can low acid foods for long-term storage. Things like meat and beans, making them shelf stable for one year.

Then I saw the development of new electric pressure cookers and thought I'd like that much better because it required less stovetop monitoring. I did order an Instant pot first ( 4 years ago ) but I sent it back when it did not come to pressure and bought an 8 quart Wolfgang Puck (WP) Electric Pressure cooker instead.

The world of Instant Pot (IP) has since created one other benefit that has developed because it has so many followers it has so many more recipes and books on the Internet. I have been very happy with my WP but it has fewer features than the newer IP especially a Yogurt function, which it turns out is my favorite thing. I cook two versions of dinner every day, as such I am trying to develop a faster way to make at least one of those meals. The electric pressure cooker allows me to facilitate that goal. I also prepare meals for the two seniors of our little family, my meals are farmed out as it were, and the food has to be more digestible and soft. I store all my cookers except the Instant Pots which now reside on the counter permanently.

If the IP has one downfall it is the sealing ring. One savory meal and it smells, it is a constant complaint I read on various facebook groups I am in. My WP sealing ring has never smelled and neither has my manual stovetop cooker. So buy a second ring unless you want your rice pudding tasting like curry or whatever you made before it. Keep one ring for sweets and one for savory.

I hope you enjoy the video.

~Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts