Welcome to Mum's Channel ~ Videos are the future of food journalism

A video is the way of foodies today and in the future. Much to my surprise, I love making them. I am studying still photography this year and planned to study video next year. However, plans have changed.

A video is an excellent way to teach; adding color, adding instructions, adding more than the dry words of a recipe. Even excellent pictures are just not as interesting as a well-crafted mini-movie. The world wants fast answers that have movement, vibrancy, and life.

I have a Youtube channel. I started in 2015, after an emotional farewell to a food group I helped form on Facebook. I have not added much content, mostly because I could not do so without a good camera, or at least camera phone. Enter the Canon 80D and I am off to the races.

I joined Brooke Lark's challenge and learned a bucket load of things that helped launch my new interest. How lucky am I? After the 6th week, we were asked to make a summary video. This is mine:



Hope you enjoy!

~ Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts