Baked Icelandic Cod Lemon Cream Rice Casserole - Faint-Worthy


The seafood recipes continue. This time I made my own recipe. Loving Lemons as I do, I decided to pair it again with my fish meal. I hope you like it. Let me know if you make it and what you think.


Cookin Mum's Baked Cod:


1 or more portioned fillets - I had half a fillet ( feeds 2-3 people ) cost 15.00 for the whole
1 cup rice cooked - to be the bottom layer only not top as well ( make the rice amount you need for the number of people you have for dinner
Parsley for sauce and for casserole

Sauce: Hold back half for drizzling over the dish after it is baked

2 garlic cloves - minced
1-2 shallots chopped small
1/4 cup cream - to start
1/4 cup butter
Salt pepper to taste
Milk as needed - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice- more if you prefer
Lemon slices for garnish
Lemon grated - 1-2 teaspoons
2 egg yolks - last to be incorporated after the sauce is cooled a little

Sauce Method: 

Melt the butter, add the shallots and garlic and parsley flakes and lemon juice. Add the flour and make a roux. Add the cream and milk till it is a thick constancy. Remove the sauce and while still warm not hot, add the egg yolks, temper them first. Now assemble the casserole. 

400* oven - 15-25 minutes depending on how much fish you make.

Make rice in advance. The fish will be baked for 15-25 minutes so it is faster to add the rice cooked. Add the rice, some grated lemon stirred throughout,  then the fish on top. Place thin slices of lemon on top of the fish. Then add half the sauce and bake. You may need more of the sauce. I will be experimenting. Hold back some sauce for the plating. 

Comments

Popular Posts