Slow Cooker Rigatoni Pasta, Marinara, & Cheese - Smaller Meals


I do adore my little 4-quart slow cooker. It is my little friend. It makes all the meals I eat these days. I know there are faster ways to whip up a meal, but I need to set it and forget it so I can make my sweet family's meals and not have to work on too many meals at once. 



I follow "The Kitchn" website and they did a slow cooker "90" meals in one article that I found in my inbox email. I decided that a pasta meal was an excellent side for me and Baby Chef. I saw a Ziti-pasta recipe that was meatless and I decided this was one to try. I know pasta can get really soggy in a slow cooker but I don't mind. 



I cut the recipe in half:

Ingredients:


1/2 pound pasta

2-3 cups marinara, I used my frozen pureed tomatoes from last summer

3 cups shredded mozzarella

1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded - for the top at the end

1/2 a small tub ricotta cheese

A drizzle of Italian spice to taste

Oil spray for the inside of the slow cooker


Method:

Coat the slow cooker with spray. Add the pasta, marinara, ricotta, and 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine and drizzle the remaining mozzarella on top. I made sure the pasta was covered with tomato sauce so it was all submerged. 

Cover and cook till pasta is tender, on low for 3-4 hours, or high for 1-2 hours. When done, add the last of the cheese. I added some shredded marble cheddar. 



I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. 

~ Cookin Mum

Comments

Popular Posts