Chocolate Chip Cookies To The Rescue: A Quarantine/Lockdown Recipe


This is a post about the addictive chocolate chip cookie. It is my kryptonite and therefore I avoid it at all costs. Then it occurred to me that considering life these days, why deprive ourselves of the comfort of a good cookie. I lamented this fact to my dear sweet daughter and she immediately started making cookies for her mom.



I love these cookies. I asked my baby to write the recipe up, and she had such an excellent funny bone. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. 


Chewy Chocolate Chip Awesomeness Cookie Recipe:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat 2/3 cup melted butter with 2 cups lightly packet brown sugar, 2 eggs, and 2 tbs hot water until smooth.
  2. Stir 2 2/3 cup flour with 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt in a separate bowl. Stir into butter mixture.
  3. Stir in 1 packet chocolate chip packet (2 cups chips). Refrigerate 30+ minutes. Drop 1 tbs portions (rolled into balls) onto ungreased baking sheets. 
  4. Bake for 8-10 minutes (took 17 minutes). Cool for 1 minute; transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 5 dozen cookies (made around 35).
  5. Eat. Eat it all!

Stay safe and help where you can!

~ Cookin Mum

Comments

Popular Posts