Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas on Romaine Lettuce

Sometimes wonderful things happen because you are busy or tired and need a fast solution for supper.

 



Hubby wanted chicken fajitas and my normal method is to fry the strips of chicken, remove when no longer pink, and then fry the peppers. Then add the chicken back to the pan and incorporate a pouch of fajita mix, I use Old El Paso, that has been mixed in water, it will produce the lovely flavor and thicken to a delicious gravy. 

I was tired, however, so I placed three whole chicken breasts in a small baking dish, added some salt and pepper and Italian herbs, slathered some olive oil on them, and grabbed some frozen green peppers from the freezer. Lastly, I topped that with some freshly cut onion slices. 

I baked it all like that for about an hour. I removed it from the oven and let it cool slightly. There was a nice amount of water from the vegetables and the chicken in the bottom of the pan. 

I sliced the breasts into strips and the peppers into slices and added them to a frying pan. I added extra onion for flavor and fried it in a little oil to brown the chicken slightly. I use Maggie to add umami and color to the dish. I then added the fajita packet (mixed in water) to the pan. Let it thicken, and wow. Excellent meal. No endless frying, just a quick sear to color.  

Just before it was all done I added some fresh diced tomatoes. 


I made a nice salad and added the chicken fajita on top. It would be excellent in a wrap with shredded cheese and salsa too. 

I hope you enjoy.

~ Cookin Mum 

Comments

Popular Posts