Strawberry Rhubarb Jam


When the strawberries arrive in the market, I know summer has begun and I dig out my canning gear.

I know we can find strawberries almost all year long here in the North, but fresh and local is really the best way to go. I find the flavor to be exquisite in our summer season like a reminder of childhood rather than the empty taste of a nearly unrecognizable winter strawberry.

This jam is my beloved daughter's favorite. I am giving you the link to a safe canning site. Please do not just can something you find on the internet, make sure it is a recipe from a safe source:

https://www.bernardin.ca/recipes/en/strawberry-rhubarb-spring-festival-jam.htm

This year I decided to can the jam, yet keep it in the freezer. We do not eat enough jam to make the jars a freezer-storage issue.

I hope you enjoy.

~ Mum

Comments

Popular Posts