Cubes Of Beef On Mashed Potatoes W/ Beans & Rosemary Focaccia Bread

The magic of large cubes of beef. Once it is in a slow cooker, dozens of things can be made from just 2 pounds. The meal you see below was made using, among other things, white wine. I found out after I went to school that wine changes foods in ways you don't expect. I don't mean the happy giggles, I mean the delicious sauces that it contributes to.


I used maybe a 1/4 cup of white wine. At the bottom of the slow cooker, I added fried onions to cover the surface. Then the meat cubes on top and fried onion on top of that. I also added a nice teaspoon of herb salt, primarily made up of savory with a small amount of thyme and rosemary. I added several fresh thyme sprigs as well. Because my household is the home of several cultures, I added some spice mixture for Nihari. That is not necessary, just stay with your traditional flavor profile. I added a small amount of salt and pepper, and some water to make sure half the meat was covered.


Now for dipping into the decadent sauce produced with the meat, I made a fast and delicious rosemary focaccia bread. I will add the link to the recipe for you. I don't need to reinvent the wheel, this one is fabulous. I just changed up the herbs to suit my pallet:

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/rosemary-focaccia-bread/


I also had made some lovely Vaquero beans earlier so I added them to my bowl. I then used mashed potatoes as a bed for the meat.

All in all, a meal fit for a king.


I found a sale on AAA Canadian beef roasts, so I stocked up. I am a month or more away from restocking the freezer. I will soon be able to use the local half-a-beef I buy every fall. I support local farmers. They feed us all.

Any questions? Ask away.

~ Mum

Comments

Popular Posts