Luxuriant Hummus in a Vitamix Blender

I am a hummus addict. I love it and I don't make it often enough. It is an excellent source of protein, fiber, and minerals. I have made it many times in my day but today I threw the ingredients together in a half-hazard way and for some reason, it was absolute perfection. I like my hummus thick and smooth with just a hint of lemon and garlic. I was making it for myself, not my family, so I felt free to freestyle.


I used 3/4s of a can of chickpeas and half the juice in the can. I have avoided the Aquafaba (as it is called) in the past, but having read so much about its vegan potential as a mayonnaise-like substance, this time I used it.


Low and behold it was heavenly. My Vitamix made short work of it. It did complain as it was bending it, but the end result was worth the noise.

Ingredients:

3/4 can chickpeas ( cooked )
1/2 cup tahini
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic shaved thin
1/2  can chickpea juice
Salt to taste

Method:

Add the ingredients to the blender. It is very thick and will fight back. If you need to, add a little water. I have a monster blender that can puree a brick. I was very happy when I checked the consistency, smooth and silky yet thick and luxuriant. There was far more than I could eat in one sitting so this amount would serve a nice portion as a party appetizer.

Now back on the cleansing food and hoping I can battle the holiday pounds back off.


~ Hugs From Mum


Comments

Popular Posts