Lasagna Knock-off Meatballs - Easily Made Gluten Free or Keto Friendly

This is a picture of the final dish once cooked in the oven, it is such a lovely meal and smells just like lasagna (but was made in half the time):





It starts with meatballs. I used one pound of hamburger. Add a half onion (shredded), one clove of garlic (minced), a splash of milk, a 1/2 cup or more of breadcrumbs, oregano and Italian seasoning to your preference. I also had some small cubes of green peppers in the freezer so I added them over top. I also add a good dash of ketchup. Bake until golden and at least 165* internally. 




Then I start building my lasagna flavours. First the cottage cheese dolloped around the meatballs. 


Then a nice bechamel to cover, not too much. Then a layer of shredded cheese, whichever you prefer. Next is tomato sauce, I use pasta sauce but only enough to cover--but not submerge.



Lastly add more cheese and herbs of your choice on top. I added a substantial amount of oregano and Italian spices. Now place this back in a 350* oven until bubbly and the cheese has melted golden brown. 

This recipe is so easy to make gluten-free as well as Keto friendly. I made mine gluten-free and lactose free. 

This recipe seems to have really taken off on my Facebook page and on my personal profile so I’m confident you will most likely enjoy it. I made these meatballs as a way to enjoy lasagna flavors without having to make a whole lasagna. It is as tasty but a lot more time-efficient. My best friend told me she could eat this every day, so that is an excellent recommendation. Leftovers are dreamy too.

Just add these to the top of pasta or potatoes or rice or on their own, or in a meatball sandwich. So many possibilities!

~ Cookin Mum


Comments

Popular Posts