Crock-pot Pear Butter & Spices - So simple


Pear Butter is a perfect fall food. The trees are full of fruit in Ontario, and if you are lucky, you may have a friend with a veritable orchard in her yard. Thank you, Christina Brown.


Pear Butter

I used 3 pounds of organic, softened pears. I did not peel them. I cleaned them and sliced them and removed the seeds and the woody anchor.

I added them to my 4-quart slow cooker with a squirt of lemon juice, 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, a pinch of nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and 2 cinnamon sticks. I let it cook for a few hours until the juice appeared in the bottom. Then I set the lid ajar (so some of the liquid would evaporate) and let it continue to cook till thick. On low, that would be 8-10 hours. On high, 4-6 hours.

When it was done to my liking, I pureed it with an emersion blender.

I placed it in mason jars. I did not process it, I will freeze the excess.


If you have questions, shoot me a note.

~ Mum



Comments

Popular Posts