The Business that is Summertime - The Work Of Food Storage


Hi friends. It has been a few weeks since my last post. I am regularly posting on Instagram under the name @cookin.mum and you can follow my food exploits there. I have, however, not been writing recipes because I am working on my food storage for winter.

Above you can see my new Automatic Tomato Mill, what a wonderful addition that turns out to be. My daughter and I processed a bushel of tomatoes in a few hours. The proof is in the result as you can see below:


I am also making "small batches" of jam. I have not made jars by the dozens as I use to, just a few of each of my favorites. Peach, blueberry, plumcot and strawberry rhubarb.

The next fruit to look for at the local markets is Italian plums then it will be apple season and the applesauce will be bubbling on my stovetop.

When Fall arrives, I will once again be on my laptop writing recipes. However, in the meantime, I am making hay while the sun shines as they say.


So stay tuned, and we will get back to making more homemade everything.

~ Hugs From Mum


Comments

Popular Posts