Salmon w/ Mushroom, Edamame, & Brown / Wild Rice - An Instant Pot Recipe


Instant Pot Magic. That is what I feel this new multi cooker is delivering.

I have not a been a big seafood fan in my adult life. I use to love it when I lived near the ocean as a child. My mother would send me to the fish market for fresh fish, and I would bring the fillets home still moving in the bag. There is nothing like fresh fish. When you are landlocked it is another matter. I have access to frozen, yes, but it is mostly from...shall we say, dubious origins.

I have sourced Alaskan salmon which is fabulous, and I have it at least once a week. The above recipe attests to a beautiful dinner I made this week in my Instant Pot.

This recipe is based on a recipe by Marian Getz.

Ingredients (Yield for 2 people, perhaps another piece of salmon if one is hungry):

For Rice:

1 1/3 cup brown/wild rice
2 cups stock or water
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup frozen edamame
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste

For Fish:

1 large salmon fillet
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon plum sauce
1 green onion sliced fine

Method for the Rice (which cooks first):

Place all the rice ingredients in the pressure cooker and stir to incorporate. Secure the lid, set seam, vent to seal and pressure cook for 10 minutes. When the timer for rice is done release it manually.

Method for Salmon (to be placed in a steamer inside the Pot, on top of the al dente rice).

Place the salmon fillet in a steam vessel. Drizzle with soy sauce, some olive oil, and plum sauce to cover. Add some finely sliced green onion on top. There are many many choices to cover the fish in, but I tried my own idea of plum sauce.

Place the steam vessel containing the salmon into the Instant Pot on top of the rice and now replace the lid and pressure cook sealed for 8 minutes more. When the time is complete, use manual release.

Remove the lid and plate up the delicious meal. I added a little more plum sauce to mine.

I hope you enjoy.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts