Baked Salmon in Linguini with Alfredo Sauce - Quarantine 2020

It is a snowy November 2020 morning. I was doing a pantry checklist last evening and decided it was time to make a nice seafood pasta meal for myself and my baby sous chef. My husband does not eat seafood. I also needed to shred a block of parmesan cheese so the meal created itself.  

I have two methods I usually use with frozen salmon. One method is that I bake it for 20 minutes in a 350* oven wrapped in foil. I drizzle a little lemon and butter on it and sometimes grate one clove of garlic over the top then wrap and bake. 

The other method is to poach it in a pot of water till it is cooked, it goes fast. I add some salt to the water and sometimes a bay leaf. It only takes 10-15 minutes to cook through. The truth is, it takes less time but because it was frozen I cook it longer. 

If the salmon was fresh, I'd poach it till it flakes and that takes very little time. In culinary college, our Chef instructor poached it in flavored olive oil. I just do not want to waste the oil.

I used a very simple alfredo sauce. As I mentioned, I had a block of parmesan cheese to grate and store in my freezer, so I knew alfredo would be on the horizon. 

Alfredo sauce:

1/2 cup butter

1 1/2 cups of whipping cream

1 cup - 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan

1-2 cloves of grated fresh garlic - you can use dry garlic powder, start with a teaspoon and taste your sauce before adding more. 

Salt and pepper to taste

Herbs (I added some dried parsley, you can add Italian seasoning or any other herb you like when you cook the sauce. I added the parsley when I plated this meal.) 

Method:

In a large pan, add the butter. Then the grated garlic. Let it incorporate. Add the whipping cream and stir till it is thickening, add the parmesan cheese and stir till the sauce is thick. 

While making the sauce, boil the pasta you desire as per its package directions till andante. We used linguini pasta. 

Then this meal becomes a matter of just adding the components together. Add the pasta to the saucepan, then break the salmon into pieces and fold it into the pasta and sauce. Drizzle dried parsley over the pasta. Delicious!

I hope you are all well. 

Stay home, stay safe, and help where you can. 

~ Cookin Mum ~

Comments

Popular Posts